Jewelry Care Tips
To make sure that your favorite pieces by Signorina Leyla always look as beautiful as on the first day, check out these tips to take good care of your treasures.
- No moisture: We recommend you to not let your treasures come into contact with liquids (this includes water while showering as well as sweat, detergents, creams and perfumes).
- Remove before showering / bathing: It is important that you take off your jewelry before showering and bathing, otherwise it will quickly become matte, oxidized or lose its color. Bathing in chlorine and salt water is particularly harmful to your jewelry. Gemstones and pearls may even be destroyed.
- Styling first - jewelry at the end: jewelry often reacts sensitively with sunscreen, deodorants, perfume and hairspray, since these contain oils and solvents. As a result, stones, that are glued on the jewelry can fall off. Therefore, you should put on your jewelry after your styling.
- No jewelry when exercising: Even sweat can tarnish silver and other metals, so you shouldn't wear your jewelry while exercising.
- Silver jewelry is very pliable, so you should always try to be careful when putting on or taking off the jewelry. If the metal does bend, you can use pliers to carefully bend it back into shape. Attention: Be very careful here, because the metal can break easily if you use too much force.
Cleaning: If your earrings, necklaces or bracelets need cleaning or a little more shine, they should be placed in mild, lukewarm soapy water for a few seconds (not longer!). After that, the jewelry should be rinsed with clear water and immediately carefully dabbed dry with a soft cotton cloth.
Special silver cleaning cloths can also be used.
Storage: It is best to store your jewelry in a dry place such as a jewelry box, pouch or jewelry case, so that everything is always nicely sorted and protected.
It's always a shame if your favorite jewelry doesn't look beautiful anymore. If properly cared for, jewelry can last for many decades. With the right care, it still looks as beautiful as on day one!